Hello! Hope you're having a great week so far. A lot of new exciting things coming up that I can't wait to share later on... but for now, I'm going to start the new year (can you believe it's already February?!) first post with a brief review of Ipsy & Sephora Play!. Let's get started.
- ClariSEA’s SeaSalt Solutions Instant Glow Powder Exfoliant - Interesting idea of an exfoliant. This product is meant to be blended with a face cleanser and to be gently scrubbed onto the skin then rinse. I’ve used this a couple of times and I actually really like it! It is a salty product so definitely one must be careful and not apply it directly on fresh cuts, wounds, or sores.
- Rimmel London Lip Conditioning Balm by Kate Moss - Nothing too special, but I like how moisturizing it is on the lips. Super conditioning, soft and smooth results, and cute packaging. It has a lovely peachy scent to it, and is perfect for application prior to a matte lipstick. I will be keeping this baby in my travel-makeup bag.
- Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Desert Sunset #2 - A dusty pink/rose gold shimmer eyeshadow. I didn’t see anything too special about this eyeshadow but I will definitely be using it because it’s such a pretty color. The color seems to hold up pretty well and does not fall out like high-end eyeshadows I’ve tried.
- Pacifica Blushious in Wildrose - The perfect color for cheeks! Cute packaging and has a great shine to the formula. It stayed on all day for me although I believe it can vary depending on the type of skin.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in Light/Light Medium - This is probably the only item I will not be using from this month’s glam bag. Love Smashbox, but not something I need.
- Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - Sheer and glossy lipstick that hydrates and has a color great for day and night. I’m more of a dark lip girl so this I can dig.
- tarte’s FRXXXTION Stick - An exfoliating gel cleanser that revitalizes the skin of impurities. This is a great product to have while traveling thanks to its small build and innovative twist-up stick. I look forward to using this more.
- Pinrose Wild Child - A fragrance I won’t be using.
- Dermablend Loose Setting Powder - I have a ton of loose setting powders that I favor more than this one. I prefer translucent powders rather than white that could reflect lighting, especially in night-time photos.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Face Lifting Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - An anti-aging moisturizer that I won’t be using.
I actually did not like this month’s play bag. The only two items I’ll use are tarte’s FRXXXTION Stick and Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. Maybe next month will impress me further.
Thanks for stopping by!