Hello there! How's it going?
It's been awhile since I've done my monthly subscription reviews. I haven't mentioned this yet, but I ended my Birchbox subscription a couple of months back. Why? I felt that every box I received got less exciting and I wanted to manage my budget better than before. I decided that keeping both Ipsy and Sephora's Play would be a great way to still make new discoveries. This month's beauty bags have been extremely favorable. I'll cut straight to the chase.
Sephora Play! ($306 FS Value)
1. BLINC, Amplified Mascara - A lash primer that helps mascara give volume without clumping, flaking, smudging, or running. I gave this primer a try and although it did make my lashes slightly longer, I don't see myself spending money on something like this. It lasts all day and what's better than that? Being an animal-cruelty free brand! Thumbs up from me. ($26 full-size value)
2. Skin Inc., Pure Revival Peel - This is an exfoliating peel that helps renew skin by removing dead skin cells. It is great for all skin type, which is my absolute favorite kind of skin care product. The formula is free of parabens and sulfates, and is safe for anyone with acne-prone skin! After use my skin felt extremely soft and smooth... and I love it! My skin definitely felt refined and I will keep this product in mind when shopping for skin care. ($55 full-size value)
3. belif, The True Cream Aqua Bomb - This light-weight gel-cream's purpose is to rehydrate the skin and minimize the appearance of pores. My skin can get very dry dring the winter time so this is a great product for dry (and oily) skin, and for anyone who has large pores. I know I hate my pores therefore I tend to minimize its appearance. The formula is very cooling, and is also free of sulfates and parabens. I highly recommend this cream, as I've been using it every night as part of my facial routine. ($38 full-size value)
4. Christophe Robin's Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil - A creamy formula that helps strengthen and protects all types of hair. The sample size I got is a great size, just under 2 fl.oz. I gave this a try and although I like the idea, but it's definitely not worth its price. It smells like baby lotion and the price is ridiculous. There are so many other options out there that give the same result and are more affordable. I'll pass on this, sorry Christophe! ($71 full-size value)
5. Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick - Long-wearing, moisturizing, pigmented, and creamy is how I would describe this lipstick. I love the color I got, which is more of a medium brownish pink tone. The applicator is awesome and gives you great control. I think I just found another babe to add to my collection of favorite matte liquid lipsticks! ($24 full-size value)
6. Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris - This sweet-smelling perfume has great value, and is long-lasting. I describe the scent as flirty and fruity, so if you're into that kind of scent then this is one for you. It can be overwhelming for some people, so get a sample before you actually invest. This isn't one I would wear every day, but occasionally when going out with my love. ($29-$122 full-size value)
Ipsy ($96 FS Value)
1. theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama Blush - The sample size packaging is super cute since it's like opening a little book! I'm not sure how I feel about the color because my skin tone might match it a little too much for it to be visible, but I can totally deal with it as I never like my blushes to be highly noticeable. The color I received is a pink peach hue that has some shimmer to it, I'll continue using this blush until it runs out, I promise you that I am a genuine fan of theBalm cosmetics! They have yet to fail me. ($21 full-size value)
2. noyah's Natural Lipstick in Smoke - This lipstick has a smooth and moisturizing formula that seriously glides on effortlessly. The formula contains Vitamin B and shea butter plump that hydrates the lips, so I will carry this around for when I want to wear something simple. The color 'Smoke' is a grayish lavender that is pretty, but I don't think it is for everyone. ($18 full-size value)
3. NUDESTIX Concealer Pencil in Light 2 - Sadly, I won't be using this product because I'm not one to use any other concealer other than my long-time trusted brand Laura Mercier. I'm never a fan of pencil anything to be honest. The shade seems way too light for me to be 'natural'. From other testers, it is said that this pencil glides on easily, lasts all day, and is blend-able! ($24 full-size value)
4. Promise Organic Nourishing Coconut Milk Face Lotion with Hibiscus - An organic face moisturizer that hydrates the skin. Personally, I am a huge fan of Promise Organic products. This face lotion does not irritate my skin, and I LOVE the scent! I've used this several times already and I have no complaints for smooth and moisturized skin. I wish the sample size was bigger, though! Totally worth for the price. ($15 full-size value)
5. Me Me Me Blush Brush - Oh my gosh, I love it when I receive another brush from Ipsy. Brushes are one of the main reasons why I still kept my subscription! I can never have too many soft brushes like this one, where the handle is very smooth, and its got the perfect build for me. It's not the best in picking up product, but its super soft and comfortable to hold. I'd most likely use it for powder more than anything. (£7-£14 full-size value)
Photos taken by Me
So who wins this month's review? I'm going to have to go with Sephora since its 5/6 products I will use vs. Ipsy's 3/5. Overall, I love the themes of October and I can't wait for November bags to arrive!