I got my Birchbox awhile ago and I'm finally posting what I think about the products I received for the month of January. If you are interested in joining Birchbox, where you subscribe for only $10 to discover five beauty products a month, feel free to join under my referral! Anyway, let's dive in!
1. Number 4's Super comb prep & protect , a sulfate-free conditioning spray. Since heat and styling products tend to damage our hair, the soy and proteins in this product helps repair and hydrate. It is also made to protect the color and acts as a UV shield for the hair. I have yet to use this product only because there has not been much sun here in Boston. It's too cold for me to be outside longer than 2 minutes, lol! But from reading reviews from people who have had the pleasure of using it, it makes the hair smooth, anti-static, and smell great. Retails for $32 here.
2. Supergoop!'s advanced SPF 37 anti-aging eye cream. My rule about trying new products for the eyes are to test it on my hands first in case of any sensitive reaction to the product. The anti-aging eye cream is meant to reduce puffiness and dark circles and includes minerals UVA & UVB sunscreen to block sun rays. With use overtime it improves elasticity and those fine lines we get! The sample size I got was good enough to test the product, which I did like because it wasn't oily. Retailed for $45 here!
3. Three Whishes Body Butter by Whish is a lotion of luscious, antioxidant-rich formula that softens, firms, and soothes the skin. I tried this lotion out and I think it's a fine product, although it is pretty much the same as the current lotions I use. I would consider purchasing this if I did not have so many already. Retailing at $24, it's not bad at all. Find out more about it here!
4. Evelyn Iona Cosmetics. I used their Natural & Organic Concealer the day I started writing this post and I must say, it has a smooth and creamy coverage. It is a concealer that is formulated with castor seed oils, coconut, and jojoba (pronounced ho-HO-ba, a desert plant). The full size of this concealer goes for $22 and can be found here.
5. Eyeko Fat Liquid Liner. This liner is probably one of the fattest eyeliners I have ever used in my life, haha! I shared on my snapchat (@kwinsturr) how difficult it was to just directly apply it onto the lid without me messing up. Maybe it was my handling but I definitely had to use my left hand to stretch the area for more control. The benefits of this eyeliner is that it is smudge-proof and rich in color. What's great is that you can have three various sizes with the liner shown below. The Eyeko's eyeliner retails at $16 here.
Photos by Me
Interested in subscribing to Birchbox? Join via my referral here <3